Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Application #2

      Being in a kindergarten classroom, I would use the blog to review letter concepts. Every day our students learn  how to write a new letter both in its capital letter form and its lowercase letter form. Every day I will video a student writing the days letter as well as some links students can go so they can print out more practice sheets. Students can also leave their own comments with the assistance of their parents or through video of them practicing writing the day's letter as well. 
      As a visual learner myself, I would find a blog showcasing how to correctly write a letter very useful as well as engaging for both students and parents. 

4 comments:

  1. I think that would be an awesome way for your students to learn their letters! Parents of your students would no doubt be impressed with your ability to integrate using the computer in your class. As a parent, I was always happy to see my sons' teachers using computers in their assignments. The sooner the better!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika,
    It is great having your kindergardeners start using technology early on! I like your idea of using it simplistically. Starting small by posting links and videos would be really great for that age group. I think this blog could also be a great opportunity for you to post pictures of student work and maybe showcase your classroom by doing a "Student of the Week" section. With parental consent you could post a brief bio of a different student each week. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor,
    I love the idea of a Student of the Week. I might even video students writing the letter of the day to upload to the blog. How empowering for students and their families to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you are going to post the video and sites for activities to work on that letter. It will allow that parents to stay connected with their child's education. I believe that parents want to be involved but think that because they are working they are not able too. Now the parent can follow along with your teaching and reinforce that particular letter at home.

    ReplyDelete