Thursday, June 20, 2013

EDUC 6713 Course Reflection

EDUC 6713
Course Reflection


I look forward to implementing this GAME plan when school starts back up in the fall. Unfortunately, this course took place right as my school year was ending and I was not able to implement it during this course. 

For my GAME plan, I chose to focus on the following standards:

Standards 2a: Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools  and resources to promote student learning and creativity. 

Standard 4d: Provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching. 

Even though I wasn't able to implement my GAME plan during this course, I learned a lot from my colleagues in regards to resources I can use to ensure that I will meet Standards 2a and 4d.   

For Standard 2a, I had originally planned on using ePals to connect globally with a classroom from another country and work on shared project throughout the year, but DeEtte suggesting partnering up with a neighboring school instead. As overwhelming as ePals could have been, setting up a partnership with a neighboring school would be less stressful, partially because we'd be in the same time zone and the curriculum will be exactly the same. I have already begun to network with some friends of mine at other schools to see if we can set up a partnership. In addition to the Adventures of iPads in Kindergarten blog I already subscribe to, Josh also suggested Free Tech for Teachers and Teachers with Apps

For Standard 4d, one resource that Amy suggested I  look into is Xtramath that will allow me to set up a free account with my class and students will be able to access the site at home with a code and I will be able to see progress on Math skills. My next plan is to find a Language Arts program that will allow me to do the same. 

Some immediate adjustments that I will make to my instructional practice regarding technology integration into content areas is to be more purposeful in how I use technology. Technology should be used to support the content that is being taught not using content so support the technology. Technology helps enrich content area by helping engage students and encouraging them to collaborate (Laureate Education Inc., 2009). 


References:

Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2009). Integrating Technology Across 
      Content Areas. Baltimore, MD: Author.





No comments:

Post a Comment